Who’s the expert? You are!
Writing the words for your website can be a daunting thought. There are so many things to get right, from grammar to SEO, that it’s not surprising many people want to hand the whole project off to someone else.
That’s a great idea in many ways. As long as we’re all thinking about how complementary skills can work together to create something special. A designer and a writer can team up to build a website that really reflects the value of your business.
The big ‘but’ is that you won’t get the best if you try to hand over the whole caboodle to other people.
And that’s because the key factor in your business is you.
You are your expert
- You understand better than anyone else what you offer
- You know who you want to talk to through your website
- You can explain why what you offer meets the needs and desires of your potential customers
That’s why as a copywriter for your words, I will want to talk to you before I hit the keyboard.
I am a different expert
I’m a marketing and copywriting pro, but that doesn’t mean I’m all-knowledgeable about all businesses.
To do the best job for you, I need your insights. That’s how I create the messages that will mean something to your audience.
When we start working together, we will talk. We will specifically talk about:
- What you do
- Who you want to do it for (and that might not necessarily be who your customers are right now)
- Why they would want to buy from you
- How they are going to do that
Lightening your load
When your running a business or responsible for marketing, it can feel like you’re expected to wear a great many hats.
Working with me will relieve you of a great deal of responsibility for crafting your website. Actually, it’s not just websites. It could be brochures, blog posts, newsletters, or any of your marketing communications.
The same benefits apply:
- You don’t have to work out your own headlines and copy, because I’ll come up with the ideas
- You don’t have to worry about your use of English, because I’m a dab hand at sentence construction, spelling and grammar
- You don’t have to get bogged down in SEO, because a lot of it is based on common sense (but if you want more you can call in an SEO expert)
- You don’t have to fret about how many words to write where. I’ll work with your designer on that
What we won’t forget is that it’s your business, and that we will all work together to build a site that reflects your business personality and the unique benefits that you can offer the world.